- September 25, 2014
- Ziba Beauty
- Job Openings
Reports To: Brand Ambassador
Goal Achievement, Client Satisfaction
The Beauty Artist has the responsibility of building retail sales, relationship building/repeat clientele, event and training requirements. Must demonstrate consistently superior skill and service in the Art of Threading, the Art of Mehndi and waxing as required in line with State Board standards and regulations, as well as assigned standards by Sumita by Ziba Beauty.
A successful Beauty Artist is self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and excels in sales and communication practices. Maintains credibility and is a reliable team member that demonstrates determination in their contribution to achieving company goals. The incumbent is comfortable in dealing with senior executives. The Beauty Artist is an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
The Esthetician/Beauty Artist administers professional facials, waxing services/treatment to the Ziba client. They must possess a thorough knowledge of the skin, have excellent facial massage and skin extraction techniques, possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and be willing to be trained. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of our clients. They must hold and maintain a current state license.
Esthetician must be experienced or be willing to be trained in The Art of Threading®.
1. Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
2. Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
3. Excellent communication and listening skills,
4. Must be a team player.
5. Must be able to stand while administering treatments.
6. Must be able to perform all esthetic treatments offered by Ziba Beauty.
7. Must be physically able to operate all esthetic Equipment which includes treatment beds.
8. Estheticians have other duties beyond applying treatments. They often instruct their clients in the use of makeup and skincare techniques.
9. Beauty Artists are required to have Open Availability in order to accommodate customer service focused work and service scheduling.
10. Have reliable transportation and open travel to other locations
11. Speak, Read and Write in Basic English and be able to communicate effectively with our staff and customers.
12. Must uphold all personal appearance standards including ensuring that they are well Groomed, wear makeup (eye makeup, blush, lipstick, mascara, hair, foundation, ) Must wear Ziba approved attire (all black, lint free, and wrinkle free)Must wear closed toed shoes
13. Ability to understand Retail to Goal and be able to sell products and services
14. Responsible for cleaning their own work station and help out team as needed
15. Keeps to sanitation and personal hygiene standards
16. Must follow state board requirement and Ziba Beauty Expectations (see Threader Expectations)
17. Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
18. Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
19. Excellent communication and listening skills,
20. Must be a team player.
21. Must be able to perform all threading services offered by Ziba Beauty.
Additional Requirements Based on Specialties
1. Must be in certified by Ziba Beauty Academy in the Art of Waxing
2. Must be experienced or get trained in the Art of Threading by Ziba Beauty Academy
3. Must have a valid California ID and in their possession while working
4. Responsible for the treatment room including cleaning in their studio, up to the State Board Standards
5. Must be responsible for soiled linens for facials
6. Must customize their waxing strips
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must maintain a portfolio of Mehndi Art and present same at the time of interview.
3. Bridal Henna experience, and successful completion of Ziba Academy
4. Travel: Must be able to travel any studios 30-40 mile radius from home studio
5. Should be a leader in the 9 steps
Qualifications: 1 Year minimum experience in Threading or successful competition of Ziba Beauty Academy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Must project a professional personal appearance at all times.
Must be able to stand for 8 hour shifts and Lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand while administering treatments.
The contents of this Job Description are intended for information only, and do not in any way constitute a contract of employment. Ziba Beauty, Inc. reserves the right to modify, suspend, or revoke any or all of the plans, policies, or procedures described herein, in whole or in part, at any time, by giving notice to the employee of said changes.
I have read and I understand the above Job Description. I also understand that this is not an employment contract and that management retains the right to change this Job Description at any time to keep it representative of this functional position.