Under the leadership of the Studio Manager, the Assistant Studio Manager oversees all operational training, scheduling, relationship building with peers, team members, and upper management. The position of Assistant Studio Manager ensures profitable studio operations including high service standards, product sales, stock levels, expense management, and staffing development along with goal achievement, and client satisfaction.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting studio sales plans (monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Holds Sales Associates and Beauty Artists accountable for the sales and operational results of their assigned studio and ensures they are promoting a sales-driven environment.
- Ability to understand, analyze and articulate retail and service performance to budget, recommend and ensure successful implementation of an action plan to increase performance.
- Accountable for business development and studio sales growth through the identification of events participation and promotional opportunities.
- Accountable for the monthly auditing of their assigned studio including operational, sales, staff and facilities management reviews. (Floor walk, scheduling, inventory management).
- Oversees and approves staff activities for Sales Associates and Beauty Artists.
- Supports and assists as needed the coaching, training, and development of Sales Associates and Beauty Artists.
- Accountable for ensuring that Sales Associates and Beauty Artists execution and implementation of all company policies are in compliance with related operational procedures. (Including wage and hour, salary budget, meal and break compliance, inventory control, facilities requirements, quality control, and customer services.) in the absence of the Studio Manager.
- Oversees the implementation and compliance of customer service standards and ensuing “Our Promise” is delivered with each customer interaction, dress code, and behavioral conduct.
- Motivates and inspires the studio team.
- Assist the Studio Manager in monitoring and assessing studio productivity by ensuring proper goal setting, effective scheduling, staff meetings, and direct regular communications are in place.
- Maintains highest company standards, evaluates performance to standards.
- When required assist in creating and maintaining studio schedules for employees.
- Uphold and enforce merchandising standards inclusive of planogram, visual and esthetic requirements.
- Uphold studio environments that are consistent with the Ziba Brand. This includes the appearance of the studio, cleanliness, staff appearance and merchandising.
The Assistant Studio Manager reports to the Studio Manager for operational needs and consults with Sales and Education Manager for sales and product needs. The studio level staff report to the Assistant Studio Manager in the absence of the Studio Manager.
The Assistant Studio Manager is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned so long as such action does not deviate from established company policy and is consistent with sound judgment. This authority includes providing guidelines, counsel, and direction to reporting employees, as necessary. Makes recommendations on hiring, dismissing, promoting, demoting or disciplining employees.
In the absence of the Studio Manager or when instructed, communicates with Human Resources to discuss performance evaluations, performance issues, recommendations, promotions, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All items listed should be taken to mean that the individual already has these skills, or has the ability to rapidly acquire them.
- Must have polished Customer Service Skills and maintain strong relationships with direct reports, peers and HQ partners.
- Ability to recruit, train and manage effectively in the absence of Studio Manager.
- Ability to work with Studio Manager to execute plans to accomplish company goals, and to implement, follow and enforce company policies and standards.
- Must have previous leadership experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; significant work experience may substitute for academic achievement. Minimum requirements include a high school diploma, or GED.
Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in studio management or studio management training program. Experience within the Beauty and Service Industry preferred.
Requires strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills, and proficiency with email communication, MS Office Excel and preferably BOOKER POS system.
LICENSING/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance required. State Board of Cosmetology license preferred but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the work will be performed in a typical, non-smoking, temperature-controlled retail environment, where the noise and weather impacts are low.
There may be a small amount of time spent in the company warehouse. Other outside responsibilities include visits to studios, vendors, or Trade Shows, which may require travel by air or automobile. These locations are visited throughout the year and during all weather conditions.