Job Title: Assistant Studio Manager
Ziba Beauty knows brows. We are proud to be industry leaders in The Art of Threading and The Art of Mehndi with a celebrity clientele list that includes A-listers such as Madonna and Beyoncé. To mirror the unparalleled in-studio Ziba experience, clients now have the option to take with them the newly introduced line of Ziba Cosmetics, specially curated to perfect the arch.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Studio Manager to join the Ziba team. Under the leadership of the Studio Manager, the Assistant Studio Manager oversees all operational training, scheduling, relationship building with peers, team members, and upper management.
The position of Assistant Studio Manager ensures profitable studio operations including high service standards, product sales, stock levels, expense management, and staffing development along with goal achievement, and client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for meeting studio sales plans (monthly, quarterly and yearly)
- Holds Sales Associates and Beauty Artists accountable for the sales and operational results of their assigned studio and ensures they are promoting a sales driven environment
- Ability to understand, analyze and articulate retail and service performance to budget, recommend and ensure successful implementation of action plan to increase performance
- Accountable for business development and studio sales growth through the identification of events participation and promotional opportunities
- Accountable for the monthly auditing of their assigned studio including: operational, sales, staff and facilities management reviews. (Floor walk, scheduling, inventory management)
- Oversees and approves staff activities for Sales Associates and Beauty Artists.
Supports and assists as needed for the coaching, training and development of Sales Associates and Beauty Artists.
- Accountable for ensuring that Sales Associates and Beauty Artists execution and implementation of all company policies are in compliance with related operational procedures. (Including wage and hour, salary budget, meal and break compliance, inventory control, facilities requirements, quality control and customer services.) in the absence of the Studio Manager.
- Oversees the implementation and compliance of customer services standards and ensuing “Our Promise” is delivered with each customer interaction, dress code and behavioral conduct.
- Motivates and inspires studio team.
- Assist the Studio Manager in monitoring and assessing studio productivity by ensuring proper goal setting, effective scheduling, staff meetings and direct regular communications are in place.
- Maintains highest company standards, evaluates performance to standards.
- When required assist in creating and maintaining studio schedules for employees.
- Uphold and enforce merchandising standards inclusive of planogram, visual and esthetic requirements.
- Uphold studio environments that are consistent with the Ziba Brand. This includes the appearance of the studio, cleanliness, staff appearance and merchandising.
- The Assistant Studio Manager reports to the Studio Manager for operational needs and consults with Sales and Education Manager for sales and product needs.
- The studio level staff report to the Assistant Studio Manager in the absence of the Studio Manager.
- Leads by example to improve the overall outcome of studio experience and customer satisfaction. While driving sales and maximizing profits through effective coaching of Sales Associates.
- The Assistant Studio Manager is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned, so long as such action does not deviate from established company policy and is consistent with sound judgment. This authority includes providing guidelines, counsel and direction to reporting employees, as necessary.
- Makes recommendation on hiring, dismissing, promoting, demoting or disciplining employees. In the absence of the Studio Manager or when instructed, communicates with Human Resources to discuss performance evaluations, performance issues, recommendations, promotions, etc.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
- Assist in achieving Ziba Studio revenue and profitability goals.
- Manages internal and external relationships and fosters teamwork.
- Executes effective reporting and communication procedures.
- Trains, mentors & develops Ziba Studio staff.
- Achieves optimal operational levels through effective workforce management (including, but not limited to; scheduling, studio coverage, etc.)
- Manages to the point of eliminating time and attendance, time clock violations.
- Maintains overall studio and personnel appearance.
- Is consistently attending to work and on time.
- Arrives to meetings and appointments on time.
- Availability to work flexible schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All items listed should be taken to mean that the individual already has these skills, or has the ability to rapidly acquire them.
- Must have polished Customer Service Skills and maintain strong relationships with direct reports, peers and HQ partners.
- Ability to recruit, train and manage effectively in the absence of Studio Manager.
- Ability to work with the Studio Manager to execute plans to accomplish company goals, and to implement, follow and enforce company policies and standards.
- Must have previous leadership experience.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; significant work experience may substitute for academic achievement. Minimum requirements include a high school diploma, or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in studio management or studio management training program. Experience within the Beauty and Service Industry preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills, and proficiency with email communication, MS Office Excel and preferably BOOKER POS system.
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance required. State Board of Cosmetology license preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as trade journals, financial reports, and scorecards.
- Ability to effectively create and present reports and other information to peers and management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply principles of logical and business thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and to create quick but viable solutions.
Must be able to serve as a resource to peers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally be able to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
It is the responsibility of the employee to keep fully operational any equipment either issued or supported in terms of service or reimbursements. Equipment includes but is not limited to cell phones, computers, fax, printers, and hand-held communication devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the work will be performed in a typical, non-smoking, temperature-controlled retail environment, where the noise and weather impacts are low.
There may be a small amount of time spent in the company warehouse. Other outside responsibilities include visits to studios, vendors, or Trade Shows, which may require travel by air or automobile. These locations are visited throughout the year and during all weather conditions.