The Latest News
Dear Me, Love Me | A Valentine’s Gift Guide
- February 12, 2019
- Ziba Beauty
- Beauty & Trends
- Heritage Services
Self-care, self-love and everything in between should always be a priority but just like everything else we need to truly live well, we sometimes forget about the importance of these habits; especially when we’re preoccupied with the thoughts and actions of others. That is why we’re using Valentine’s Day 2019 to show ourselves some extra love and self-care with a special gift and we encourage you to do the same. Whether that includes a fun activity, a pamper session or taking the time to make a long-term self-care plan, is totally up to you! Btw, in case you’re wondering why “self-care” is something you need to know about and practice, it’s because there are so many benefits to it.
Some of the incredible benefits of Self-Care include:
A healthy relationship with yourself.
Boosts confidence and self-esteem through the production of positive feelings.
Reduces the negative effects of stress and helps you to manage stress in the long run.
A lovely reminder to yourself (and others) that your needs and wants are important.
Gives you the opportunity to learn more about yourself and your likes and dislikes.
And what does “self-care” or “self-love” mean? It’s anything that helps you to gain, any or all the above benefits in a way that you find enjoyable!
The Gift Guide.
For Emotional Self-Care: anything that helps you to manage your feelings, daily stressors and emotions.
1. A diary or planner is one of our favorite gift ideas because it has so much potential while still being affordable. Plus, there are so. many. options. One of the best hybrid versions we found is the Getting Stuff Done planner, by CGD London. This planner helps you to manage your day-to-day schedule and gives you space to track your habits, such as water intake, exercise and more! Check out the photos below and visit their website here.
2. Any kind of pampering session is good for your physical well-being but did you know there is something you can do to help both your physical and emotional health? We’re talking about Facials! This Valentine’s Day, treat yourself to a real good pampering sesh with a seasoned professional at Ziba Beauty. With multiple different facials to choose from, you’re definitely going to find something that’s great for your skin and is going to help you relax (we promise we’re not biased or anything). Check out our menu of services here. P.S. If you’re curious about all the benefits that come with getting a facial from an expert, you can read all about it here!
For Physical Self-Care: anything that is good for your body! Even deciding to try and drink more water daily, is an act of self-care.
3. Investing in a reusable water bottle is the easiest and one of THE most beneficial acts you can do for yourself. It will encourage you to drink more water, simply because you’ll now always have water with you in your bottle! One of the best bottles out there is made by Hydro Flask. Check out the benefits below and shop here!
4. Another life-changing act of self-love is committing to an exercise of some sort. Whether it be walking or weight-lifting, every little movement will help make a positive difference to your mental and physical well being. An absolutely stellar option that is FREE for the first 2 weeks, is ClassPass. This gift will give you the opportunity to try at least 8 different activities/classes and is perfect for figuring out what you really enjoy doing. Sign up here! P.S. Monthly memberships start at only $9/month.
For Mental Self-Care: anything that helps stimulate your mind and brings you back to the present moment, ultimately allowing you to refocus your thoughts and manage daily anxieties.
5. Painting or drawing is an entertaining way to get your creative mind pumping and helps you to use that creativity to solve problems or find new solutions to things going on in your life. For this idea, you can do something as simple as getting a pencil and paper and doodling. However, since it’s Valentine’s Day we wanted to give you another option too: PaintNite. Go alone or take some of your friends and paint something fun! PaintNite is a super unique and enjoyable gift that’ll leave you with a whole lot of positive memories and a really cool painting made by you! Check out the Yaymaker site for more information.
6. Reading a good book is a wonderful option for self-care! It gives your mind the opportunity to take a break from reality and dive into a whole new world, story, life… which tbh, we all need at some point. Obviously, sitting down and reading a book isn’t always possible, so this Valentine’s Day get yourself an Audible subscription! Audible is Amazon’s audio book subscription service, which allows you to download and listen to all the books on your reading list. This gift is perfect for anyone who has long commutes and needs a break from the news/radio and is also terrific for playing a book while doing household tasks or anything else that might seem mundane or boring (like folding laundry or waiting in a DMV line). Sign up for a 30-day FREE trial here!
We hope you enjoyed reading this little gift guide and are inspired to take some serious self-care action this Valentine’s Day (and beyond!) Of course, there are tons of options for taking care of yourself and showing your mind and body some love, these are just some of our favorites! If you have any other ideas that you think people would love to hear – comment them below. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Until next time,
Ziba Beauty xo