How Does Eyebrow Waxing Work?
- Ziba Beauty
- The Art Of Waxing
Ziba Beauty Artists are experts at eyebrow shaping, both by threading and through eyebrow waxing. Eyebrow waxing is a popular hair removal method that uses either cold wax strips or hot wax. At Ziba Beauty, we use small-sized cold wax strips to shape and clean up brows. We find that in comparison to hot wax, this method gives us the best functionality to precisely shape your brows all around.
What Is Eyebrow Waxing?
Eyebrow waxing is a method of removing unwanted hair, either as a cold or hot wax. Cold wax strips are pieces of pre-waxed and ready-to-use muslin or cellulose strips that are pre-cut to different sizes according to the areas where they are meant to be used. This method is called “cold wax” because it doesn’t need to be heated, unlike hot wax, which requires heat. Most cold wax strips have to be warmed slightly between the palms of your hands. Each wax strip has two sides: one side contains the pre-wax and the other has a clear layer that needs to be removed in order to expose the wax.
Hot wax is the most popular method of removing body hair and is also used on facial hair. The hot wax is applied to a small section of the skin with unwanted hair and in the direction of hair growth. As the wax cools, it melts onto the top layer of the skin and grips at each hair strand. Once the wax is applied, a cloth strip is placed over the wax and pressed down firmly. After two to three seconds, the cloth strip is quickly pulled off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Eyebrow Waxing: Step by Step Procedure
- Similar to a brow threading session, every eyebrow waxing procedure at Ziba Beauty begins with a client consultation.
- After determining your brow needs, your beauty artist will then cut the cold wax strips into mini-strips.
- Then the artist will warm the strips gently by rubbing them between his/her hands.
- Each mini-strip is then separated slowly and firmly pressed on the skin over the desired area.
- The strip is then pressed on firmly in the direction of hair growth.
- Finally, the strip is quickly pulled away in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Your artist will complete grooming your brows by trimming any necessary hair with small scissors.
- Your eyebrow waxing session at Ziba Beauty is complete with a brow massage to soothe the skin.
Contact us for Eyebrow Waxing Services Near You
Our beauty artists undergo extensive training in The Art of Waxing, which is a curriculum specially designed by Ziba Beauty to ensure that all of our beauty artists understand the anatomy of the face and brows and their correlation to one another. We’ve been shaping eyebrows since 1988 and have since shaped over 1 million brows throughout our 14 California-wide studios.
We look forward to servicing your eyebrow waxing needs and are only a phone call and studio visit away. You can find your nearest Ziba Beauty studio, here.